Now in its thirteenth year, the dedicated Annual Gathering for the MK1 Golf Owners Club is to be held at Stratford Upon Avon Racecourse. The weekend will be a gathering of the members and users of the best MK1 Golf club around, together with a variety of attractions, camping facilities, entertainment and trade stands, so we hope you have a weekend to remember. The usual attractions will be on hand. The club’s AGM for the 1500 plus paid members amongst you, the Saturday afternoon road rally (and free commemorative grille badge), a fancy dress disco on Saturday evening, followed by the main event on Sunday. Sunday will see the largest group of Mk1 Golfs displayed in the same place in the UK. Show and Shine categories will be available for entrants to display their cars in. Club merchandise will be available to buy (without postage costs!). Food stalls, a bouncy castle, auto jumble and trade stands will all be on hand to help the day pass by.
The programme of events will be as follows (subject to change).
Friday 28th July
- 14:00 Gates open for campers and helpers
Saturday 29th July
- 08:00 Gates open
- 10:30 – 10:45 Mk1 Golf car rally drivers brief.
- 10:45 – 12.00 AGM with a presentation and giveaways from Carol Nash Insurance – All paid members welcome, “have your say” see forum for agenda – please have your membership cards on hand for verification. Non-paid members can attend but not vote.
- 13:00 Drivers start your engines and respect the site speed limit. (At least 1/2 a tank of fuel is required)
- 19:00 – 00:30 Evening entertainment
Again, this year, we are holding a fancy dress party in the main hall and this years is freestyle with no particular theme.
Sunday 30th July
- 09:00 Gates open
- 09:00 Show n shine field opens. Make sure you display your judging sheet in a prominent position
- 11:00 Judging commences, please make sure you’re entered
- 14:00 The raffle is drawn – Have your ticket ready!
- 14:30 Peoples’ Choice Car award – stand by your favourite car
- 15:00 Show n Shine + awards presentations
- 17:00 Show closes – Start vacating the events field
- 17:00 – 20:00 all volunteers to help tidy the site are welcomed
- 21:00 Vacate field fully
Annual General Meeting (in the club room) – Saturday
For those of you who are paid members. This is your chance to meet the committee, hear what the club has achieved over the last 12 months and where we think it will go over the next year. We will be discussing finance, membership subscription, events, the website itself and merchandise. This will be youropportunity to have your say and ask the burning question that has been on your mind!
The current committee will stand for re-election.
We look forward to seeing you at the meeting. There may be some questions that can’t be answered there and then, and a reply can be made on the forum if necessary.
Rally Drive Out Saturday
Once again we will be having a drive out on the Saturday afternoon.
The route details will be confirmed on the day.
Last years drive out was attended by 122 cars!